Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Sup Delhi

I'm back! Landed at around 8:30 PM today and got my bag, got a simcard (though unfortunately not for iPhone, but at the very least I am able to use wireless connections on iPhone, hence I'm writing this post), got a taxi to the hotel and checked in. It's so strange and wonderful to be back. In line to board the plane at the airport I caught a wiff of cardamom, and on the flight I chose the veg dinner option and ate some surprisingly satisfactory palak paneer, so I was already starting to smile before I even got here. On the plane I was sitting next to a girl who happened to live in the same neighborhood that I was living in with my host mother Sunita, which was funny and a nice coincidence. When I exited the airport the heat and the smell hit me tenfold and I probably looked like an idiot cause I couldn't stop smiling. It's good to be back. I can't wait to revisit the old places and ride in rickshaws again. Little details that I had forgotten are coming back to me, memories resurfacing (the power has already gone out once, very briefly, in the two hours that I've been in the hotel :)). Tomorrow the adventures begin! For now, I'm gonna read some more of the hunger games and try to get a few hours of sleep before my body wakes me up at five tomorrow morning... Lots of love to everyone!

1 comment: