Saturday, May 12, 2012

SEESTAH

MY SISTER IS VISITING ME THIS WEEKEND!!!!!! WHOOOOOOOOOOOO
I'm so happy! It was so surreal when she drove into campus yesterday. We did one of those run and hug things, it was pretty good. It's just really nice to have her here. I feel like my Carleton world and my outside-of-Carleton world rarely collide, so her being here sort of helps me merge the two and realize that both actually exist. Sometimes I think I get so caught up in the Carleton bubble that I forget about my outside self.

So VZ came in at around 2:30/3:00, so we took a quick tour around Carleton and went into the buildings that I spend most of my time in (aka my favorite buildings aka boliou duh) and then we were feeling a little tired so we went to Blue Mondays for some coffeeeeee and felt much refreshed after an iced americano and caramel latte mmmm. Then we came back to my room and I changed for dinner and we checked in to the hotel where VZ is staying and drove to the Ole Store for dinner! It was soooo yum. I was a little disappointed at first because they had changed their menu so they no longer had the delicious beet and goat cheese salad that I had the first time I went, but we still got some great food. We split coconut shrimp, and then VZ got a nicoise salad and I got a pear/blue cheese/walnut salad, and both were really good. And then we got some warm fudgey chocolate thing for dessert. We also had like literally 8 different glasses/cups on our table by the end of the meal because we each had coffee and water and I had two different iced tea glasses and VZ had a hot tea cup...hey, at least we're staying hydrated!

After dinner we went back to the hotel to relax for a bit and played pictionary. Then we met up with Megan back on campus and headed into town so I could show VZ the Northfield bar scene (which is obviously hoppin'). It was a good night to go out because it was this townwide event called "Girls Night Out" when apparently all the older women in Northfield decide to put on heels and get really drunk and go dance at all of the three bars in Northfield. It was pretty great. A Carleton student band called Ova Yonder was playing at one of them so we went there. We met Lindsay and other Megan and her sister. We jammed and danced and it was really fun! I got a g&t though and it was glowing florescent blue...hopefully not toxic!

So this morning (actually in a few minutes) we are going to an intermediate vinyasa yoga class in town (should be interesting...I haven't done yoga in quite a while...) and then we'll probably get some brunch at the Tavern! Yum breakfast. And then we'll see what the day brings us.

I popped two blood vessels in my eyes, one in each eye. Scuba? Maybe. One you can't really see though cause it's sort of below my eye lid. And the other one really isn't that bad, but I feel like I look like a zombie! It's sort of scary looking. The corner of my eye just looks really bloodshot. Too bad it's not Halloween! I think I scared the waiter yesterday. Everyone probably thinks I have pink eye.

YOGGGGGAAAAAA

No comments:

Post a Comment