Sunday, April 15, 2012

India Round 2: Kerala Edition

So I'm trying to start up this blog again because I think I'm going to delete my facebook.  I've been thinking about it for awhile, and have deleted it on and off, but I think it's time to get rid of it for good (at least until graduation when I freak out about losing touch with everyone).  It's just such a waste of time, and I feel that it's a poor substitute for real, genuine human interaction (at least in my case).  It's sort of sad because I will inevitably lose touch with some people, but those relationships probably weren't real in the first place right?

This summer I am heading back to India! This time I am heading to South India, primarily Kerala, to follow the path of the artist that I researched in the fall (Amrita Sher-Gil).  I will visit the same sights that she went to on her own tour of the South and record my experiences through painting and drawing along the way.  I am thrilled to be going back, but also a little nervous since I will be traveling completely by myself this time.  Also it will be monsoon season in Kerala, so it should be interesting trying to deal with all the heavy rain...but it's an amazing opportunity and I know it will be an amazing trip.  Hopefully I'll do a lot of drawings and meet a lot of new people!

This term is going by so quickly.  Tomorrow is the beginning of fourth week, so crazy! So much Chinese to do.  I've been keeping up with my usual distraction of food blogs, and my latest obsession is anything and everything with beets and goat cheese (like this). Yummmm.

Also, I have a radio show from 11AM-12noon on Tuesdays (Minnesota time--aka 12-1PM east coast, 9AM-10 west coast). Listen to The Merry Troubadour here!



No comments:

Post a Comment