Friday, August 26, 2011

IRENE

So this is fun, I was just at the beach for a couple of days and we came back yesterday night to a house that looked like it had been ransacked due to the 5.8 earthquake that everyone was talking about in Mineral, VA.  An entire shelf in my room had basically fallen down with everything flung all over the stuff that I had set aside to pack.  Also, all of the medications in our mirror cabinet in the bathroom had fallen into the sink. I'll post a pic it was pretty funny. But also very disconcerting. I'm glad I was in Delaware. And now my flight to India on Sunday is canceled because of Hurricane Irene and it looks like there isn't another flight available until NEXT Sunday which is crazy and it's impossible to change flights right now because everyone is trying to and I'm just not really sure when I will actually get to India/if I will make it to any part of orientation. But I guess the bright side is I have more time to relax/prepare? Trying to finish up my essays tonight in case we lose power tomorrow! Stay safe buds.

No comments:

Post a Comment